Thursday, September 20, 2012

Finally - Sian's Stampotique Frame

Of course, this is for a swap - it seems I don't do much crafting for any other reason!

This is for my friend, the lovely Sian. She hosted a swap to alter a frame based on one she's seen in a Craft Stamper article some time back. I think the example was part of a configurations box, but I went for a canvas frame. Her theme was Stampotique stamps, and she very kindly stamped some out for me as I didn't have any at the time (a sorry situation which I can happily say has now been remedied).

Now, Sian's a bit of a rock chick so I decided to go with a rockin' out sort of theme. I got a bit carried away and thought that it needed lights and sound too.  So, after a lot of faffing and a couple of ebay purchases it has it all now. You'll see what I mean.

I've already shown the back, which is the front of one frame. The recessed bit at the back of that holds the lighting. Then, there is another frame that sits on top to make the whole thing (the two are just held together with slim magnets but can be pulled apart easily) and this time I decorated the back.


See those things that look like guitar amps in the corners? They are the diddiest little ipod speakers and they just went perfectly. I found an old, sometimes iffy, ipod shuffle on ebay for eight quid all in (sorry I couldn't afford a fancier one Sian) and loaded it up with some of her current favourite music

And here's a short clip so you can see what I mean about the sound and lights. It sounds and looks rubbish because I am having technical probelms, but actually the little speakers sound okay and it looks way better in real life.



So there you go Sian - I hope you like it.

I am also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog as I did use Sir Tim's tissue tape on the frame (although you may have to make the picture bigger to see it!).

4 comments:

Jane said...

OMG that is amazing! Sian, you are a lucky, lucky girl indeed! That is the coolest thing anyone had made for a swap, , I could never dream up anything that good, let alone manage to create it!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Project! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with Simon Says Stamp this week :) - Ashli

Sandra said...

What a cool piece! Love that you've created a rock band! Sian is going to love this for sure! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

Candy C said...

Hey Bex...Thanks so much for your very nice comment left on my blog! I so appreciate your thoughts and your time to leave a comment. Love your project for this week! It is so colorful and FUN! Love your Stampotique characters! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! <3 Candy