Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Multi challenges with one page!

Time for a bit of doodling methinks!

Well, I entered the UKScrappers monthly house challenge, the sketchabilities sketch no. 59 and the Once Upon a Sketch November 15th challenge with pretty much the same page.

Now, for the UKS one I did it last minute and could not get a good photo and I also wasn't completely sure I was happy with it but you can find it HERE. I like the basic structure but it didn't feel quite finished.

So, I had a little play with it, rearranged stuff, did a bit more outlining and here it is for the lovely people at OUAS. I did play a little fast and loose with the sketch and I'm still not sure of the blue felt butterflies, but I had some fun doing it.


The focus was about being a woman, and for me the greatest part is being a mother. It's a rollercoaster ride emotionally, but one I never want to get off!

Finally I stumbled upon the sketchabilities sketch HERE and the small photos/white space and the sketch pretty much fitted in with what I had just done so, what the hey, it's up there too.

This is the first time I've done a hybrid layout - the doodling elements came from everydaymomideas from a free digikit which can be found HERE so thanks to her for that.

Thanks for looking.

13 comments:

Christin aka Umenorskan said...

Cool frames and layout.

Shell said...

Luv th ewhite space with the misting & the frames look great!

Bente Fagerberg said...

Hi Bex, I can see you had some fun with the sketch,but at OUAS we like people to be creative and individual!
The photo treatment is cool and your butterflies too. Absolutely agree that motherhood is such a wonderful thing and such a privilege,as well.
Thanks for playing along!

Jasmine S said...

Fab fab take on the sketch. Love the funky theme and the frames look awesome. Great great page. Thanks for joining us at OUAS.

leannes scrappy stuff said...

hi bex love your funky lo!

Nadia Cannizzo said...

Love this one Rebecca. Seriously am in love with your journalling..makes me feel like I am not the only one always pouring my heart out of my pages. LOL!

The frames are awesome. Your take on the sketch is fantastic. I am never one to stick too close to the sketch either.

Awesome to know a bit more about you too.

THANKS so very much for taking the time to play along with us again :o) Take care and have a great weekend, Nadia.

L. Akins said...

Beautiful layout! Thank you for playing along at Sketchabilities

Sheila said...

Love the doodles...great touch...wonderful layout!

Ella Swan said...

Thanks for playing along at Sketchabilities - I love your take on the sketch!! And wow - at Once Upon a Sketch too!! Love the funky look of this :)

Natalie said...

This is such a gorgeous page.
Thanks for playing along at Once Upon A Sketch.
xxx

Georgia Heald said...

Fantastic page, love your fun frames and your doodling! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS =)

The Constant Scrapper said...

I really like the freestyle feel of your layout and the way you used the frames. :-)

Natalie Elphinstone said...

Oh this is really cute! Great photos and such a fun design!